From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change History of linux commands
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 15:25:32
1 Am 07.10.22 um 16:56 schrieb Grant Taylor:
2 > On 10/7/22 8:25 AM, n952162 wrote:
3 >> Can anybody tell me how I can look at the official change history of
4 >> linux commands?
5 >
6 > Some man pages have history of commands in them.
7 >
8 > Admittedly, it seems as if man pages on Solaris and *BSD (I have
9 > access to FreeBSD) tend to be better than Linux man page at this aspect.
14 Well, the man page, yes, would be a good indicator, but the commands
15 themselves?
16
17 Where does gentoo get the source to build  test(1) or expr(1) or
18 date(1)?    That's in some package, but where is the upstream source?
19 Is it something in github?  Or a linux portal?  Or Torvalds private
20 server?  Or the gnu server?