From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The old wine/harfbuzz/freetype circle ...
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 21:05:53
1 On 19/09/2021 09:58, Charlotte Delenk wrote:
2 > On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 07:30:45PM +0100, antlists wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to emerge wine, and it's come up with this. It insisted on adding
4 >> abi_x86_32 or whatever it is to loads of things, but it's now blowing up
5 >> with this circular dependency. If I try and install one with "use =
6 >> -theother" it won't go ...
7 > I recently discovered this wiki page, maybe the steps listed there will
8 > help:
9 >
10 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Sam/Portage_help/Circular_dependencies#harfbuzz_and_freetype
11 >
12 Thanks. While the site's solutions were pretty much what I'd already
13 tried and failed, it told me what I needed to do ...
14
15 It told me that x11/pango was what was forcing the freetype dependency,
16 and seeing as I'm running wayland I thought it wouldn't be a problem to
17 get rid of it temporarily. "emerge -C pango" ...
18
19 One quick "emerge --oneshot" (or rather, slow, because it triggered an
20 update of loads of other stuff) later, and then a global update, and
21 hopefully Robert is your mother's brother-in-law (he was mine :-)
22
23 Cheers,
24 Wol