From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] CLI DVD copy?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 23:54:33
1 I've got 1 DVD that for some reason fails to rip using Handbrake. I
2 then tried it in dvd::rip and it said it couldn't read the table of
3 contents. However after all of that the DVD plays fine in xine as well
4 as on my DVD player so I doubt there is anything truly wrong with the
5 DVD itself.
6
7 I was considering making a copy of this DVD to keep for bug testing in
8 the future. I'm wondering how to make a copy of a DVD movie at the
9 command line? All the things I'm finding in Google point to dvd::rip
10 or other GUI apps. I tried a simple dd copy, ala
11
12 dd if=/dev/dvd of=Movie.iso
13
14 but that fails also.