From: Ronan Mainbourg <ronan.mainbourg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm & french keyboard
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:06:45
1 If you use a recent version of xorg-server (>= 1.8) you can enable the
2 "udev" use flag, and disable the flag "hal".
3
4 Hal usage with xorg is clearly deprecated now, and its complete
5 removal from xorg-server is scheduled soon, as it will be eventually
6 replaced by the new abstraction layer from freedesktop.org "DeviceKit"
7
8 Before it occurs, Xorg-server works well using udev instead of hal to
9 deal with hardware recognition.
10
11 I've got a similar config (azerty keyboard, no xorg.conf) and just
12 created the file '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/11-keymap.conf' where I put the
13 following lines:
14
15 Section "InputClass"
16 Identifier "Keyboard"