From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox-57.0.4 won't accept TLS certificate exception
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 11:51:06
1 On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 11:34:24 GMT Mick wrote:
2 > I just noticed I am not able to override FF's protestations about the
3 > domain name of the loaded TLS certificate not matching the visited
4 > domain. When I click on Advance/"Confirm Security Exception" to
5 > permanently store this exception nothing happens. All I can do
6 > thereafter is cancel this pop up window. Of course the page will not
7 > load.
8
9 I've noticed something similar, but it varies from one site to another.
10 Sometimes, confirming an exception works as before, but at other times I'm
11 not even offered the option to make an exception. In that latter case I fire
12 up another browser and use that instead.
13
14 > How can I overcome this intransigence by the browser, who thinks it knows
15 > better what I wish to do?
16
17 I wish I knew.
20 Regards,