From: Benjamin Leggett <algosystem@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Non-interactive bash help?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:57:12
1 Alright guys, I'm a beginner in need of a little shell help.
2
3 What I want to do is make fbrun (the run dialog for fluxbox) aware of
4 my bashrc. Upon perusing the source, I found that fbrun execs the given
5 string with $SHELL if set, otherwise /bin/sh is used. My $SHELL is set
6 to bash so fbrun runs the command with a non-interactive bash shell
7 (the "-c" option.)
8
9 Checking the bash manpage, I found that bash apparently checks the
10 environment variable $BASH_ENV for an rc file if it's run with the -c
11 option. I sure that I should probably know this, but where should I set
12 this variable? I considered dropping something in /etc/env.d, but that
13 didn't work, and I don't know if that's the right way to do it.
14
15 Any help appreciated,
16
17 Ben Leggett
21 When in doubt, parenthesize. At the very least it will let some
22 poor schmuck bounce on the % key in vi.
23 -- Larry Wall in the perl man page