From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do you keep up with system administration?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 03:11:47
1 On 5/29/07, Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I use 'gunzip -c /proc/config.gz > .config && make oldconfig'
4 > consistently, never had a problem. I always keep a working kernel in
5
6 Oh neat-o! I didn't know there was a copy of the running config in /proc...
7
8 Does this basically just insert the current kernel configuration
9 inside the menuconfig interface of the new kernel as the starting
10 point? How does this play with the new kernel options that have since
11 appeared or those that have been eliminated? I suppose you still have
12 to check over every menu in the new kernel to make sure you're not
13 missing anything...
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list