From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VFS: Cannot open root device - kernel panic
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 03:22:48
1 SOLVED.
2
3 I was able to configure and compile the kernel and configure a working
4 Gentoo system that gives me no errors at boot :-)
5
6 I am not sure what went wrong the first time. I selected the same
7 basic driver support within the kernel as the first time, except I
8 didn't bother with some of the other bells and whistles I first had in
9 there. Perhaps now that I have a working system, I can play with the
10 kernel and see what works, since I can always fall back onto a working
11 kernel and still have a running system.
12
13 I'm glad this is solved because I was getting really annoyed at myself here...
14
15 Thanks to everyone who chimed in!
16 -Denis
17 --