From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A couple of problems with systemd
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 23:51:18
1 On Fri, 27 May 2022 17:49:24 -0400,
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Fri, 27 May 2022 17:03:29 -0400, John Covici wrote:
6 >
7 > > I have one service which always times out, but slows down the boot
8 > > process. It is
9 > > /lib/systemd/system/systemd-networkd-wait-online.service. Because
10 > > many jobs wait in queue for a while, till this fails.
11 >
12 > Are you using systemd-networkd or something else to manage your network?
13 >
14 > > Also, I have a couple of services, ntpdate and proftpd which always
15 > > fail because when they try to execute named has not started yet. I
16 > > can restart them once the system is fully booted and I can login.
17 >
18 > You can create a drop-in to require the service to start after named, run
19 > "systemctl edit ntpdate.service" and add
20 >
21 > [Unit]
22 > Requires=named.service
23 > After=named.service
24 >
25 > That will create a drop-in file in /etc/systemd/system/ntpdate.service.d
26 > containing your additions - you can also create these files manually.
27 Thanks. I am not using systemd-network or anything like that. I
28 created a service called network and use the %i and links in
29 /etc/systemd/system/multi-user-target.wants to start my two cards.
30 Maybe this is not the normal way, but when I first started using
31 systemd, this is the best I could come up with at the time.
32
33 I will try the drop-in, I had kind of forgot about them.
37 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
38 How do
39 you spend it?
40
41 John Covici wb2una