From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Organising btrfs subvolumes
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:49:27
1 On Tue, 27 May 2014 12:57:58 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > > Trust me to overlook the easy way of doing things, I was looking for
4 > > an equivalent to "zfs rename" and never considered mv.
5 >
6 > It feels somehow "wrong" to only mv them, right? ;-)
7
8 It's just too easy, there must be a catch :)
9
10 > > So far, btrfs looks good on my laptop - time to think about putting
11 > > it on my desktop.
12 >
13 > Yeah, good luck with that. I am quite happy with btrfs so far ... no
14 > problems or disadvantages so far.
15 >
16 > And the hourly snapshots of / and /home on my desktop are really nice
17 > to have ;-)
18
19 I have zfs-snapshot making snapshots at 15 minute, hourly, daily, monthly
20 and weekly intervals - and it cleans up after itself. There isn't
21 anything quite like that for btrfs, so I'm knocking up a python script to
22 take care of it. I want automated snapshots before I risk it on my
23 desktop.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Do you steal taglines too?