From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} "dumb" ethernet mover
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 03:51:34
1 On 2010-06-01, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> I don't have any experience with DD-WRT. ?I use OpenWrt, but have
4 >> only used it in "normal" bridges and WAPs.
5 >
6 > Sorry to be getting even more OT, but why did you choose OpenWRT over
7 > DD-WRT? I didn't know there was more than one choice available.
8
9 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wireless_router_firmware_projects
10
11 When I made the choice it was for several reasons:
12
13 * OpenWrt supported a lot more platforms than DD-Wrt.
14
15 * OpenWrt is open-source where DD-Wrt isn't.
16
17 * DD-Wrt is a closed project with a developer that isn't interested
18 in working with outsiders, while OpenWrt is much more
19 community-oriented and works with other groups of developers like
20 XWrt.
21
22 www.openwrt.org
23 www.xwrt.org