From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] flash sound?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:12:55
1 On Thursday 22 March 2007, a tiny voice compelled Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman to
2 write:
3 > Ernie Schroder wrote:
4 > > OK now I see that flash 9 doesn't work with OSS. My ALSA hasn't worked
5 > > since the nforce sound drivers were removed from portage. Can someone
6 > > please point me to a source of info.
7 >
8 > Hey, I have an nForce onboard card and it works like a charm...
9 >
10 > Just enable: Intel/SiS/nVidia/AMD/ALi AC97 Controller as module under
11 > Device Drivers -> Sound -> ALSA -> PCI devices
12
13 Yes, this is built in (not as module)
14 >
15 > might require something else... but just a hint.
16 >
17 > And with Flash audio.
18 >
19 > --
20 > Arturo "Buanzo" Busleiman - Consultor Independiente en Seguridad
21 > Informatica Foros GNU/Buanzo: Respeto, Soluciones y Buena Onda:
22 > http://foros.buanzo.com.ar Consulting and Secure Mail Hosting:
23 > http://www.buanzo.com.ar/pro/
26 I would believe that my kernel is OK because flash has sound as root. It's
27 either a problem with firefox finding the plugin
28 at /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
29 or
30 /home/ernie/.netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so
31 or
32 /home/ernie/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
33
34 OR a permission problem
35 --
36 Regards, Ernie