From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [wildly OT]advice for a wireless antenna?
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 13:00:08
1 >> I'm talking about the USB wireless adapter (I don't think I can
2 >> connect the antenna to my laptop directly),
3 >> not the passphrase key...
4 >
5 > Ah. I've got a Hawking HWUG1 USB WiFi adapter that works fine
6 > with Gentoo (I had to download driver source from somewhere).
7 > It's got an R-SMA connector for use with external antennas.
8
9 I've had good luck using these together:
10
11 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833164015
12
13 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833164110
14
15 Use the rt2x00 driver included in 2.6.24 kernels.
16
17 I should mention though, I attached that antenna to a PCI madwifi card
18 and it works much better. Obviously that won't work for a laptop or
19 if you want to move the antenna a distance from the computer via USB
20 cable as opposed to antenna extension cable.
21
22 - Grant
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list