From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dynamic deps, wtf are they exactly
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 22:33:22
1 On 28/09/2015 00:21, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 09/27/2015 03:34 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Now it all makes sense, as a bonus I now see why why so many senior devs
5 >> are so pedantic about revbumps (they have reason).
6 >>
7 >> Now that I know what the symptom will be, are bug reports useful?
10 > I don't think most developers are aware of the problem, so if you point
11 > out that the lack of a revbump causes pain, many will be glad to know
12 > and adjust their behavior.
13 >
14 > Or, you might just get yelled at. It's one of /those/ issues.
18 Oh, we're well used to deal with touchy issues around here. And we do
19 our fair share of yelling too :-)
20
21 Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated.
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com