From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sysloggers
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:19:17
1 On Wednesday 17 June 2009 23:48:38 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:31:24 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > I can't argue with that. I just get a little paranoid about auth logs
4 > > being sent (with credentials) over partially-open networks, hence the
5 > > attraction of encrypted traffic
6 >
7 > What about using an SSH tunnel?
8
9 I thought about that - people other than me set up most of the machines and
10 this may or may not be easy for them to do in practice. I'm sure you've seen
11 how easy it is for otherwise smart people to royally screw up anything with
12 ssh in it's name...
13
14 Just keeping my options open, maybe there's something better suited to what I
15 need than vanilla syslog-ng
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com