From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 4.1...
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:09:28
1 Andrew Gaydenko <a <at> gaydenko.com> writes:
2
3
4 > > I have been trying to hold out for KDE 4.1 entering the main gentoo
5 > > portage tree, and some kind of announcement on the list;
6
7 YES many of us await a tree release of KDE 4.
8
9
10 > Are there indeed good things (I don't mean ruches and flowers) in KDE4 to
11 > worry about them at all? Reading all those KDE4 reviews I really can not
12 > understand why KDE4 may be more useful for me rather KDE3.
13
14
15 Not a single thing, the KDE is just release KDE 4 to keep up with the
16 Jones......(sarcasm)
17
18 Are you kidding? Whom among us using kde has not had problem with kde3?
19
20 ARTS is my latest ugly kde issue (even though it may still exist in kde 4).
21
22 From the kde.org website:
23 "KDE 4.1 is the first KDE4 release to contain the Personal Information
24 Management suite KDE-PIM
25
26 Like with our previous release much time has been devoted to improving the
27 framework and underlying libraries on which KDE is built."
28
29 I've read several places that KDE 4 will be used on the (tentative)
30 September release of the Gentoo liveCD.
31
32 Maybe that's our clue as to when to expect some version of kde 4
33 in the portage tree (stable or testing)?
34
35
36 Lots of folks feel your pain for KDE 4....
37
38 hth,
39
40 James