From: Christian <vogelbeerenkopf@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Creating my own "Thin Client"
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 08:50:02
1 Hi there,
2
3 it´s my first time writing to a mailinglist, so excuse me if this email
4 doesn´t have the correct format ...
5
6 I´d like to create my own "thin client" - like Gentoo. After booting, it
7 should just have a few processes running, like logging, Xserver, getty, ...
8 Well, it´s not the problem to get rid of all the "unnecessary"
9 processes. It´s more that i don´t know how to make the thing work out of
10 the RAM. What folders, scripts, librarys, etc. have to be in the
11 ramdisk? And how do i tell the system to work out of the ramdisk?
12
13 Is there any documentation for this special question?
14
15 I hope this is the right place to ask this questions, otherwise sorry!
16
17 Thanks in advance and best regards
18 - Christian -
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list