From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ipw2100 problems - ieee80211?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 04:06:07
1 They're going to install wireless in my school so I guess I better get
2 this working sometime soon : )
3
4 I isolated my problem to this:
5
6 emerge ipw2100 ties in ieee80211, and that fails to compile because it
7 says that the current kernel cannot have the option IEEE80211 in either
8 module or enabled. It needs it disabled.
9
10 I tried to use menuconfig and disable it, however, the only way I can do
11 that is by literally disabling ALL networking - drivers and all.
12
13 Kernel is kernel 2.6.17-gentoo-r8.
14
15 I'm considering editing the makefile and removing its dependency on that
16 blasted kernel configuration setting!
17
18 If anyone knows a better/easier way, please help! I read all the docs
19 on ieee80211.sf.net and ipw2100.sf.net but nothing there that I could
20 find helped.
21
22 Thanks in advance for any help - I really appreciate it!
25 http://lordsauronthegreat.googlepages.com/