From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] spam - different IP's
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 01:48:26
1 On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 6:07 PM Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday, February 4, 2021, <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm perplex with this entry in apache log.
6 >> I'm sure it was done by same person as the timing is very sequential and
7 >> same file-name request, but how they were able to lunch an attack from a
8 >> different IP's different geographical locations.
9 >> Can they spoof an IP?
12 > Probably just different instances of the same bot scanning for
13 > vulnerabilities. I imagine you will keep seeing that log from many
14 > different ips
17 FWIW i'm seeing the same traffic. Here's some numbers;
18
19 $ zgrep -ic wlwmanifest.xml access.log*
20 access.log:16
21 access.log-20210110.gz:0
22 access.log-20210117.gz:0
23 access.log-20210124.gz:34