From: "João Miguel" <jmcf125@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Service not started at specified runlevel
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 12:49:00
1 Hello,
2
3 I am not using Gentoo, but if I ask this on the Arch Linux mailing lists
4 I may get flamed, get no response, or both. I'm using OpenRC version
5 0.16.4, along with the audit init script from Gentoo (I'm attaching it
6 anyway for future reference). Note: I added the depend() function
7 (trying various dependencies) hoping it would have an effect on the
8 service being started at the specified runlevel (it didn't).
9
10 Here's my problem:
11 # ls /etc/runlevels/default/auditd
12 /etc/runlevels/default/auditd
13 # rc-service auditd start ; echo $?
14 auditd | * Starting auditd ...
15 auditd | * start-stop-daemon: fopen `/var/run/auditd.pid': No such file or directory
16 auditd | * Detaching to start `/sbin/auditd' ... [ ok ]
17 auditd | * Loading audit rules from /etc/audit/audit.rules
18 0
19 # rc-status -s | grep audit ; echo $?
20 1
21
22 I have no idea of why it complains that file does not exist when running
23 /sbin/auditd manually creates it right away. auditd works normally when
24 started with the init script, but although I did 'rc-update add auditd
25 default', it simply does not start when that runlevel is reached. dhcpcd
26 and a few other services complain of the pid file not existing too and
27 start at their runlevels. I think the warning is unrelated, openrc is
28 likely checking for the PID files' existance too soon.
29
30 Also, I'm using rc_parallel="YES", but have tried with "NO" and get the
31 same result (i.e. no evidence of auditd even existing).
32
33 I don't get it, I've created my own init script for other services, and
34 those show up on rc-status, if I add them to some runlevel, no matter
35 whether they fail, throw warnings, or start normally, they appear both
36 at boot and I can check later in /var/log/rc.log. The only abnormal
37 service is auditd. What is going on? Did I do something wrong?
38
39 Thank you in advance,
40 João Miguel

auditd text/plain