From: Brian Marshall <snail@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [way OT] Firefox qt download file names
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:19:37
1 On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:36:04 +0930
2 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
5 > On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 18:58 -0600, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
6 > > My sister has posted some video of my nieces wedding online for the
7 > > family to view.
8 > >
9 > > When I hit the site (on WindowsXP) my browser (firefox) displays it
10 > > in quicktime. I don't see any opportunity to download the file and
11 > > I hate to have to just record it from the screen. I'm pretty sure
12 > > firefox is downloading the video somewhere so I thought I might be
13 > > able to get that file somehow.
14 > >
15 > > Can anyone coach me at all as to how to go about that?
16 >
17 > depending on how it's done, you could just view the source and see if
18 > there are any links in there to the real video. Then you can download
19 > that with wget or something.
20 >
21 An easier way would be to find it in the media section of page info
22 (right click -> page info).
26 Brian