From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] removing gtk+ as requested by --depclean
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:09:55
1 Am 04/28/11 14:28, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
2 > (I confess to being a little over cautious after xcb.)
3 >
4 > After today's update word (just a few updates were specified/done).
5 > --depclean recommended
6 >
7 >>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:
8 >
9 > x11-libs/gtk+
10 > selected: 3.0.9
11 > protected: none
12 > omitted: 2.24.3
13 >
14 > All selected packages: x11-libs/gtk+-3.0.9
15 >
16 > I am a gnome user so gtk is important and I notice that it is suggesting
17 > I remove the highest version. I decided not to remove it until I
18 > checked here. My system is ~amd64
19 >
20 > Advice appreciated.
21 > allan
24 Hi,
25
26 you can check with "equery d x11-libs/gtk+" if there is a package which
27 depends on this version. I expect there will be none, otherwise depclean
28 would not want to remove it.
29 If you remove it, you can run "revdep-rebuild" to see if any programs
30 have broken libs und rebuild them.
31
32 Regards
33 Norman