From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo User posting diagrams, graphics?
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:02:12
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
2
3 > > I don't know if anything already exists.
4 > > However, if it is highly specific, a wiki-page or similar might be an
5 > > option where interested parties collaborate with an occasional posting
6 > > to the mailing list with specific questions or requests for comments?
9 It just dawned on me that maybe we do not need a tool for users to
10 draw diagrams. What we need is say 5-10 reference diagrams posted on the
11 gentoo wiki. Users can refer to the specific diagrams that mimics their
12 specific case as they formulate and post their questions to the
13 gentoo user mailing list. That way, only a small collection of diagrams
14 would have to appear on the gentoo wiki (or some place else if the g_devs
15 do not like the idea of network reference diagrams on their wiki)?
18 Furthermore, if the iptables and other code snippets are modularly designed,
19 one can use the components to create the firewall or bridge device
20 configurations.
23 James