From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: no matter what kernel version I compile, It says it's 2.6.19-r4 - SOLVED
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 07:11:50
1 On Wednesday 07 February 2007, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > On 2/6/07, Ric de France <rdefrance@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On 07/02/07, Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
4 > > > On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
5 > > > > That's it, I never did that (not automaount /boot), but I
6 > > > > decided to this time, so like you said, my /boot was not
7 > > > > mounted
8 > > > > so everything was right, but at the same time it wasn't....That
9 > > > > was a stupid mistake on my part.....
10 > > > >
11 > > > > Thanks to all those that answered and sorry for bothering you
12 > > > > all with this...
13 > > > >
14 > > > > Gabriel
15 > > >
16 > > > I think we've all made that mistake at some point!
17 > > >
18 > > > No need to apologize, it's something to learn from. At least now
19 > > > when the next newbie makes the same mistake you are in a position
20 > > > to help them in return :-)
21 > >
22 > > Just curious... but does genkernel automatically mount /boot? I use
23 > > genkernel, and have never had any issues, but I'm pretty sure that
24 > > I've always mounted /boot before running the genkernel command.
25 >
26 > Yes, genkernel mounts /boot right after launched...
27
28 genkernel *conditionally* mounts /boot if /etc/genkernel.conf contains
29 MOUNTBOOT="yes"
30
31 It can be unset with the result that /boot will not be mounted
32 automatically
33
34 alan
35
36 --
37 Optimists say the glass is half full,
38 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
39 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
40
41 Alan McKinnon
42 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
43 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
44 --
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list