From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gummibootx64.efi OR bootx64.efi?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:50:17
1 On Monday, March 02, 2015 12:11:51 AM German wrote:
2 > Out of curiosity I looked into my /boot partition and found two .efi files.
3 One is /boot/efi/gummiboot/gummibootx64.efi and another is
4 /boot/efi/boot/bootx64.efi. I remember I've created /boot/efi/boot/bootx64.efi
5 during install by copying kernel image file to it and supposedly it was for
6 efibootmng. I think gummiboot has created its own gummibootx64.efi. Is that safe
7 to delete */boot/bootx64.efi? Thanks
8
9 It should be but the easiest certain way to find out is to move it and reboot,
10 if the system doesn't boot then restore it. Also efibootmgr -v will show you
11 which one you're using.
14 Fernando Rodriguez