From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey blocking mozilla and mozilla blocking seamonkey
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:20:10
1 Jacob Klitmøller wrote:
2 > However when I try to emerge gnome I get
3 >
4 > [blocks B ] www-client/seamonkey (is blocking www-client/mozilla-1.7.13)
5 >
6 > or the other way around (mozilla blocking seamonkey) - trying to /etc
7 > /portage/package.mask is of no use since both is required. I have also
8 > tried fiddeling fith USE, but with no luck.
9 >
10 > How do I resolve this and get gnome 2.14 emerged?
11
12 Seamonkey is the replacement for mozilla. The old mozilla package is
13 full of security holes and no longer maintained by upstream, so we're
14 transitioning all packages using it to either seamonkey or firefox, if
15 possible.
16
17 The problem is that not everything is transitioned over to seamonkey
18 yet. I think if you add www-client/mozilla to /etc/portage/package.mask,
19 it will show you what package is trying to pull it in. You can then
20 search for / file a bug for that package.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie