From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] time issue
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:51:05
1 IIRC, starting from baselayout-2 the timezone is in /etc/timezone
2
3 Just one line: Region/City
4
5 Rgds,
8 On 2011-05-30, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > Hi All,
10 >
11 > I have a little problem regarding time. After every boot I have to
12 > setup my clock because about my machine the current time is +2 hour
13 > more. To be honest, this is a little bit annoying.
14 > What I did:
15 >
16 > - According to install guide I have copied the
17 > /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Budapest to /etc/localtime
18 > - According to localization guide [1] I have to set up the current
19 > timezone in the /etc/conf.d/clock file but this file is missing. I
20 > have checked it the original stage-3 pack from Hungarian mirror and I
21 > couldn't find there as well. I think this file is removed.
22 >
23 > So my question is that, what should I do to have the current time
24 > automatically (I'm in Hungary/Budapest)? Should I make a new clock
25 > file?
26 >
27 > [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml
28 >
29 > Thanks for any help in advance!
30 >
31 > András
32 >
33 > --
34 > - -
35 > --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
36 > http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
37 > --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell
44 Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
45 My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/