From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE-4.1.3 + KDE-3.5.9 = messed up KDEDIRS ?
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:31:20
1 Hi everybody,
2
3 I've just updated to 4.1.3 (slotted alongside with 3.5.9) and all of sudden
4 konqueror and akregator (didn't test much more, but I'm sure something else
5 was broke too) stopped launching hinting that there is a CSS version
6 mistmatch blah-blah-blah. Path to CSS suggested that 4.1.3 was using CSS from
7 3.5.9 which was bizzare since it was working before.
8
9 so I checked my KDEDIRS environment variable and found out that kde-3.5 was
10 listed there (no traces of kde-4.1) and to work around it I just applied
11 little script that rewrites KDEDIRS to something more usefull (?) placing it
12 under ~/.kde-4.1/env/kde4-kdedirs.sh:
13
14 #!/bin/sh
15 export KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local
16
17 and this fixed it. Now my question is: is it something about my setup or it's
18 happening to others too? Is there a "more proper" way to fix it?
21 Dmitry Makovey
22 Web Systems Administrator
23 Athabasca University
24 (780) 675-6245