From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ot? : how to track and bill my work under gentoo
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 21:34:44
1 greets,
2
3 I assume that many of you earn your money by working w/ computers, in
4 IT, programming, hacking, "being root" ;-)
5
6 I do and I always have the nagging feeling that I somehow lose money by
7 not being able to easily track my work.
8
9 A typical workday consists of getting emails, receiving calls ...
10 hopping from one customer to another, doing admin-work here and there.
11
12 It is quite hard to keep track here.
13
14 I use the hamster applet under Gnome:
15
16 http://projecthamster.wordpress.com/
17
18 I use it on my main machine, unfortunately it is not yet able to store
19 its db somewhere on the net, so I don't use it on my thinkpad (I would
20 have to somehow merge lists when writing bills).
21
22 A thought would be to look at the logs of my ssh-client ;-)
23
24 Long story ...
25
26 The question: how do you handle this?
27 Any special hints, any ebuilds to look at?
28
29 Thanks a lot, Stefan