From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] -mtune for P4M (dothan)
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:58:58
1 > Hi,
2 >
3 > Trying to install gentoo on a notebook with a P4M (dothan), wondering
4 > what -mtune should I go for, the GCC manual says:
5 >
6 > pentium-m
7 > Low power version of Intel Pentium3 CPU with MMX, SSE and SSE2
8 > instruction set support. Used by Centrino notebooks.
9 >
10 > pentium4, pentium4m
11 > Intel Pentium4 CPU with MMX, SSE and SSE2 instruction set support.
14 This is what I use with my notebook (Intel 1.5GHz Centrino):
15 CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -march=pentium-m -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer
16 -mtune=pentium-m"
17 which seems to work fine.
18
19 I am however curious about pentium4m though.
22 "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just
23 stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for
24 free". - Linus Torvalds, 1995
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list