From: Steve Evans <stevee@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quanta setup for cervisia?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:22:54
1 On Tuesday 30 August 2005 23:39, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
2 > I have been using Quanta to develop a small website. Apart from a
3 > tendency to die with 'sigsegv' crashes at regular intervals, the program
4 > seems to work quite well (the recovery function always manages to
5 > recover almost all my work after a crash).
6 >
7 > I would like to import the project into cervisia, so that I can maintain
8 > it via cvs and perform some kind of version control on the website, but
9 > I don't know how to set this up.
10 >
11 > Opening the project from Quanta and clicking on the cvs icon simply
12 > returns the error
13 >
14 > "This is not a CVS folder"
15 >
16 > I get a similar error when I try to open any folder from within
17 > konqueror. From konqueror, I can then go through a cycle of creating a
18 > project via cervisia, but next time I try to open that project from
19 > within konqueror, I get the same "This is not a CVS folder" error - back
20 > to square one :-/
21 >
22 > It seems that the first hurdle I need to get over is "How do you create
23 > a CVS folder?"
24 >
25 > Can anybody help me with this?
28 First you need to create a CVS repository containing the existing Quanta
29 project, using cvs import. Then checkout that repository somewhere with cvs
30 checkout. Finally use the newly checked out copy as the Quanta project.
31
32 However it sounds to me as though you first need to learn something about CVS.
33 There are many tutorials on the web, e.g.
34 <http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=6096> which is targetted at people
35 using Cervisia, or
36 <http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~dbutler/tutorials/winter96/cvs/> which is a more
37 general purpose tutorial.
38
39 Steve
40 --
41 ____________________________________________________________________
42 Steve Evans E-mail: mailto:stevee@××××××.com
43 WEB: http://www.gorbag.com
44 Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
45 Public Encryption Key: http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html
47
48 2.6.12-gentoo-r9 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GNU/Linux
49
50 00:05:13 up 13 days, 15:52, 8 users, load average: 0.15, 0.14, 0.09
51
52 Saint: A dead sinner revised and edited.
53 -- Ambrose Bierce