From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no text in certain flash app
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:04:50
1 On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> On 4/15/2010 2:25 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I would also try media-fonts/freefont-ttf if you don't have that
7 >>> installed. I decompiled the flash on that page and it's just using the
8 >>> generic "_sans" font, which should let it use any sans-serif font on
9 >>> your system. Maybe it can only use TTF fonts? I'm not really sure.
10 >>
11 >> Wierd. I have all the same fonts you do, plus a few extra, and still no
12 >> text in that flash. Now that I know it's a font issue I might mess
13 >> around with my fonts and see if I can figure out what it's problem is.
14 >
15 > I think the default font paths in Gentoo were changed around a few
16 > months ago (at least in ~arch), as a last resort you may want to try
17 > unmerging all font packages and then emerging them again, and
18 > restarting X afterward. I don't remember if I had to edit font paths
19 > when that happened or not... but maybe check that too. :)
20
21 Specifically I thnik it was changed from /usr/lib/X11/fonts/ to
22 /usr/share/fonts/
23
24 Be sure the TTF path in your xorg.conf (if you have one) is pointing
25 to the correct place.