From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: How to configure a Radeon 7500 PCI card...
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:53:15
1 Joe wrote:
5 > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
6 > From: *Joe* <joseph.wheaton@×××××.com <mailto:joseph.wheaton@×××××.com>>
7 > Date: Jul 18, 2005 10:17 AM
8 > Subject: How to configure a Radeon 7500 PCI card...
9 > To: gentoo-user+help@g.o <mailto:gentoo-user+help@g.o>
10 >
11 > I was trying to follow the guides and figure things out for myself but
12 > I have not been able to. The guide
13 > (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml) says that I need to use the
14 > DRI project because the closed source drivers do not work with my
15 > older card. It also says that the x11-drm ebuild can be used or you
16 > can change the kernel option for the DRI modules. When I try to
17 > emerge the x11-drm ebuild it says that 2.6.x kernels cannot use this
18 > ebuild. 2.6 kernel users have to set kernel options. I have been
19 > looking around for the right options but I cannot find them. Could
20 > someone point them out to me so I can get this working. I am in the
21 > process of going to kernel 2.6.12-r4. Thank you.
24 The DRM options in the kernel configuration that you need are:
25
26 -> Device Drivers
27 ->Character Devices
28 Direct Rendering Manager=y (or 'm')
29 ATI Radeon = y (or 'm')
30
31 You should not need any other patches, drivers, or packages, and can go
32 straight to configuring DRI after you get the new kernel built and running.
33
34 -Richard
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list