From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] timeouts with dhcpcd 5.1
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 05:52:25
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > On 11 Sep 2009, at 05:17, John H. Moe wrote:
5 > > Stroller wrote:
6 > >> On 11 Sep 2009, at 03:49, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >>> Hi. I had a strange problem when I emerge dhcpcd 5.1 I get a timeout
9 > >>> when trying to get a lease -- it says broadcasting for a lease and
10 > >>> times
11 > >>> out ....
12 > >>
13 > >> I'm pretty sure you can start dhcpcd with a verbose flag.
14 > >>
15 > > Sure can. "dhcpcd -d <ifname>" will do it. Or put
16 > > 'dhcpcd_<ifname>="-
17 > > d"'
18 > > in your /etc/conf.d/net to have it always show the output during boot.
21 > Ah, splendid!
22 >
23 > I didn't feel the need to to look up that information because I was
24 > sure <snark> the OP would find it in the manpage. </snark>
25 However, when I put the -d, it didn't tell me anything except that
26 dhcpcd sent several discover packets and then said timeout, so my
27 original question still remains -- why a timeout with 5.1 with the same
28 dhcpcd.conf and no timeout with 4.0.13.
31 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
32 How do
33 you spend it?
34
35 John Covici