From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cellphones and gentoo
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:34:31
1 Hello,
2
3 Well it's time to get a new cell phone (current LG died).
4
5 Listening to some hacks, I've decided to get a wifi enabled
6 cell phone, or a foreign made wifi device, just to have some fun.
7 Alltell does not seem to support any wifi enabled cellphones.
8 I may have to switch cellphone providers.
9
10 I have a 'flat rate' unlimited plan with Alltell (4 counties
11 in florida are unlimited) for $59 mo. Alltel's voice network
12 is rarily congested. Their phones choices:
13 http://www.alltel.com/phones/index.html
14
15 are depressing.
16
17 I've been thinking about T-mobile and a plan for voice and
18 wireless data access to the internet. (Anyone happy with T-mobile?)
19
20 Motorola and other cellphone vendors have bluetooth support and some
21 wifi support built into the phones. Anyone got a wifi enabled cell phone
22 working with Gentoo? Another wifi only portable handset?
23
24 I also noticed 'kdebluetooth'. Since my portable does not have
25 bluetooth built in, does any pccard vendor provide hardware
26 (& driver) that works with gentoo?
27
28 I did notice Alltel is selling the blackberry 7250. Anyone
29 like this phone and does it work well with Gentoo?
30
31 thoughts and suggestions are most welcome.
32
33 James
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list