From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 4.12.5 hard lockups, nothing in logs.
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 09:26:07
1 On 20/08/2017 05:47, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I am getting random lockups on kernel 4.12.5.
4 >
5 > Three intel hosts (atom, early i7, i7 haswell) - its worse after a
6 > suspend resume session. Because these are in use Ive gone back to
7 > 4.9.34 which is stable.
8 >
9 > I also have some VM's and an MS surface pro 4 which are stable on
10 > 4.12.5, 6 and 8) - confusing!
11 >
12 > Is anyone else seeing this?
13 >
14 > BillK
18 Neil's reply elsewhere to Ralph may have the smoking gun clue.
19
20 I'm seeing changes in 4.12 too and haven't bothered looking further as
21 4.11 still works for me. My external monitors and USB keyboard & mouse
22 on laptops stopped working with 4.12 and other silliness which I forget.
23
24 My techie spidey-sense is telling me it all smells a lot like someone
25 tidied up .config and things moved around, so make oldconfig got confused.
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com