From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange new behavior from the "mount" command
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 18:48:37
1 I have two similar but not identical ~amd64 machines, and *one* of the
2 two machines is doing something new and strange when I type "mount" with
3 no arguments.
4
5 The "bad" machine prints the list of mounted filesystems as it should,
6 but then proceeds to read the partition table on every disk in the machine
7 and writes a fresh version of /run/blkid/blkid.tab .
8
9 This has the very annoying side effect of spinning up any sleeping disks,
10 including the floppy disk (but not the dvd player, thankfully).
11
12 I re-installed util-linux, which installs the "mount" utility, but no
13 difference. (The two machines both have util-linux-2.26.1-r1).
14
15 This new behavior began on April 14, FWIW, and the only package I installed
16 on that machine that day was gentoo-sources-3.14.38, which is why I blamed
17 the new kernel for the new behavior but I discovered since then that it
18 happens with all the old kernels too.
19
20 I'm stumped. Any ideas?