From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:04:07
1 On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:10:35 -0700
2 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > 4) I don't use a separate /usr so I don't need any of this. I suspect
5 > most casual Gentoo users like me are pretty much the same.
6 >
7 > 4) I am going to look at doing a dual boot Gentoo install on some
8 > system here at home to try this out. Damn, I don't have time for this
9 > but what choice are they giving me.
10
11 4 ;) If your /usr doesn't have its own partition, you shouldn't need
12 to sweat any of this. AIUI, only people with separate /usr need to
13 either build an initrd or work out an alternative to udev.