From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The Intel sequel of vulnerabilities continues ...
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:03:43
1 On 3/10/20 8:20 PM, Michael wrote:
2 > What-ever I may buy in the future, I'll make sure it does not contain Intel
3 > inside ...
4 >
5 > https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/10/lvi_intel_cpu_attack/
6 >
7 > YMMV. :-)
8
9 Yep.
10 Many of us have been on pure AMD, for a long time. I'm very glad to see
11 those abused by Intel/nvidia joining the older and damaged gentoo hacks.....
14 PS, a myriad of (embedded) arm* systems (single or in a loose cluster)
15 could also be part of a secured, (easy?) straight-forward pathway to
16 secured, gentoo? Either a single system, or a 'small-net' (2-dns
17 servers, 1-mail server, one web-server and 1 secure, hidden workstation).
18
19 Perhaps some of the really smart or elites at gentoo would propose a
20 list of tools/codes/strategies that in essence yields an integrated and
21 consistent solution for the single (redundant) system, or the 'small
22 net' with in essences a packaged service like this::
25 https://threatconnect.com/
28 or other similar semantics (~commercial offerings) that many of us
29 simply cannot afford?
32 Just a list of packages would be a great start, combined with a security
33 optimize, minimized gentoo-compatible kernel....?
34
35 PS, Kali-linux or Pentoo is close to the 'single-system' (?) but what
36 about the 'small-net' itemized list?
39 curiously,
40 James