From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating Blue-ray video discs
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 18:23:50
1 On Fri, 29 May 2020 14:16:58 +0100, Ashley Dixon wrote:
2
3 > > > Yes, don't have make.conf as a directory, euses breaks itself in
4 > > > that case.
5 > >
6 > > I have make.conf as a file still.  I plan to keep it that way for the
7 > > moment tho.  I do have package.use and friends as directories tho.
8 > > Does it work OK with that?
11 > Euses breaks itself in almost every case for new systems; it is in
12 > severe need of an upgrade. See bug [1]. It relies on $PORTDIR which
13 > has been deprecated for many years [2] in favour of the per-repo.conf
14 > `location` attribute [2].
15
16 Yes, and that's why it falls over when make.conf is a directory, it
17 complains it can't find PORTDIR. As you say, it shouldn't even be
18 looking for it.
19
20 It's a useful tool in need of an update.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 War does not determine who is right -- only who is left.