From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world update wants to downgrade genoo-sources
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 07:54:10
1 On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 10:38:43 +0300, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2
3 > > "eix gentoo-sources" immediately shows you that the only stable
4 > > version is 3.14.14 which is why portage is merging it. The fact that
5 > > it's a new slot lower5 than something you had - that is incidental
6
7 > I'll wait for the stable gentoo-sources that are a higher version than
8 > what I have at the moment to become available in the portage tree.
9
10 Just let portage merge the highest stable version. You can continue using
11 the one you already have, portage only installs the sources, not the
12 kernel.
13
14 However, you may want to investigate why that version has been removed,
15 there may be vulnerabilities or bugs fixed in a later point release and
16 you should keyword that version.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 I've got a mind like a... a... what's that thing called?