From: Zhang Jun <gb2313@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMD Turion64x2 CFLAGS
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:52:33
Hi list,

my laptop's cpu is AMD Turion64x2, I've installed both 32bits Debian
testing and Gentoo on it,
from Debian there is no SSE3 in /proc/cpuinfo,
and I used CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe" on
gentoo,  and I can not see SSE3 in cpuinfo also,

I emerged x86info, and SSE3 is in its output:

#x86info
x86info v1.21.  Dave Jones 2001-2007
Feedback to <davej@××××××.com>.

Found 2 CPUs
CPU #1
Family: 15 Model: 72 Stepping: 2
CPU Model : Turion 64 X2 (BH-F2)
Processor name string: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52

Feature flags:
 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflsh mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht sse3 cmpxchg16b
Extended feature flags:
 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 nx mmxext mmx fxsr ffxsr rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow lahf/sahf
CmpLegacy svm ExtApicSpace LockMovCr0

SVM: revision 1, 64 ASIDs
Address Size: 48 bits virtual, 40 bits physical
The physical package has 2 of 2 possible cores implemented.

my question is:  I can not see SSE3 in cpuinfo because I did not use
"-msse3" in CFLAGS ?