From: Zhang Jun <gb2313@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMD Turion64x2 CFLAGS
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:52:33
1 Hi list,
2
3 my laptop's cpu is AMD Turion64x2, I've installed both 32bits Debian
4 testing and Gentoo on it,
5 from Debian there is no SSE3 in /proc/cpuinfo,
6 and I used CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe" on
7 gentoo, and I can not see SSE3 in cpuinfo also,
8
9 I emerged x86info, and SSE3 is in its output:
10
11 #x86info
12 x86info v1.21. Dave Jones 2001-2007
13 Feedback to <davej@××××××.com>.
14
15 Found 2 CPUs
16 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
17 CPU #1
18 Family: 15 Model: 72 Stepping: 2
19 CPU Model : Turion 64 X2 (BH-F2)
20 Processor name string: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52
21
22 Feature flags:
23 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
24 pse36 clflsh mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht sse3 cmpxchg16b
25 Extended feature flags:
26 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
27 pse36 nx mmxext mmx fxsr ffxsr rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow lahf/sahf
28 CmpLegacy svm ExtApicSpace LockMovCr0
29
30 SVM: revision 1, 64 ASIDs
31 Address Size: 48 bits virtual, 40 bits physical
32 The physical package has 2 of 2 possible cores implemented.
33 ...
34 ...
37 my question is: I can not see SSE3 in cpuinfo because I did not use
38 "-msse3" in CFLAGS ?