From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] "emerge --sync" and "gemato" screwed
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 06:04:50
1 It looks like we may have a "documentation bug" on our hands.
2 According to https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2018-01-30-portage-rsync-verification.html
3
4 > If you wish to disable it, you can disable the 'rsync-verify' USE
5 > flag on sys-apps/portage or set 'sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest =
6 > no' in your repos.conf.
7
8 This was a fresh install on an old machine. I had "-rsync-verify"
9 in package.use, but 'sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = yes' in repos.conf.
10 Changing that to "no" allowed the "emerge --rsync" to proceed, and I've
11 now got the update running. I'll wait a few days and try agin. I want
12 to check whether both the USE flag and repos.conf need to be disabled,
13 or whether the USE flag is ignored alltogether.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications