From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System Suspend...kind of OT
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:28:18
1 On 6/1/06, James Colby <jcolby@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 6/1/06, Anthony E. Caudel <acaudel@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > > When Windows _SUSPENDS_ (we're not talking hibernate right?), it never
5 > > relaay stops running. It shuts down the display and the hard drives and
6 > > sort of goes to sleep. So when you "power" back up, it simply resumes.
7 > > It does not reboot.
8 > >
9 > > Tony
10 > >
11 > > --
12 >
13 > Tony -
14 > The option that I choose in windows is stand-by. Is there another
15 > option that I can enable for hibernate. Would hibernate give me what
16
17 You can simply change the behavior of the "power" button to
18 "hibernate" at the control panel, that was the easiest way to anchieve
19 that in my laptop, but I didn't know about the "shift" trick, thanks
20 Anthony.
21
22 > I'm looking for.
23
24 Yes, the system would hibernate and at the next power up the system
25 would effectively boot, not just wake up, and you would get the lilo
26 boot.
29 > Thanks for the help,
30 > James
31 > --