From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo older versions
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 16:48:09
1 On 2009-05-02, Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2009-05-02, Nitin Kanaskar <nitinvk04@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I am looking for older versions of gentoo - 1.x, 2.x,...
5 >
6 > Gentoo doesn't have "versions". Individual packages have
7 > versions.
8
9 After a bit of googling, it looks like the snapshots/CDs did
10 have "version numbers" prior to about 5 years ago. After that
11 they were just labelled according to year. [Still, they're not
12 really "versions" the way that other distros have versions.]
13
14 >> I browsed source repositories - gentoo, gentoo-src, gentoo-x86
15 >> - could not find/identify it.
16
17 Old versions of packages aren't kept in the portage tree
18 forever. If you're looking for old versions of the CD images,
19 it looks like they're only kept around for a couple years.
22 Grant