From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Systemd as drop-in replacement for udev?
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 11:09:48
1 On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 01:43:37 -0500
2 Jonathan Callen <jcallen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Udev as installed by sys-fs/udev is *exactly* the same as udev
5 > installed by sys-apps/systemd, except that the latter installs more
6 > files. It is very much possible to switch to systemd as your udev
7 > provider without using the rest of systemd.
8
9 That's what I have suspected but I did not find anybody that has
10 experience with such setup. If anyone tried it, comments are welcomed.
11
12 In the meantime I have settled with lightdm instead of gdm and stay
13 with sys-fs/udev.
14
15 Robert
19 Róbert Èeròanský