From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Flashing BIOS with Windows utility
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:41:45
1 On Wednesday 20 January 2010 22:19:13 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:23:27 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > > I wonder why we have BIOS flash programs at all.
4 > >
5 > > <facetious reply>
6 > > because without them we couldn't flash stuff?
7 > > </facetious reply>
8 >
9 > Don't tell my motherboard that or it will refuse to update next time
10 > unless I run some program or other.
11
12 So without a program to do flash updates (or at least some code somewhere that
13 might not be in .exe or ELF format) how does your motherboard do flash
14 updates?
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com