From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [HEADSUP] libreoffice versus bison-2.5
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 17:11:54
1 On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 06:40:01PM +0200, Hartmut Figge wrote:
2 > Indi:
3 >
4 > > Last I tried it, you can't run much of that stuff without the
5 > > whole "kdeinit" thing, which is a giant resource hog (relatively
6 > > speaking, for those of us accustomed to running trim, fast, light
7 > > systems).
8 >
9 > If i will try knode, i get this result:
10 >
11 > Total: 69 packages (65 new, 2 in new slots, 2 reinstalls), Size of
12 > downloads: 361,274 kB
15 I like mutt with the nntp patch for usenet anyway.
16 Add rss2email and you have email, rss, and nntp
17 all in mutt. Really nice. Quick and responsive, too.
18 Using leafnode you can even have filters for nntp.
19 Use elinks to open linked web content and feh for
20 images, and you're all set. Well, until you want to watch
21 something on hulu. But conkeror works well for that...
22 :)
25 caveat utilitor