From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LO 4.0 playing media with gstreamer-1.0.5 ?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:11:41
1 On Wednesday 20 Feb 2013 20:27:13 v_2e@×××.net wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 > Since I have been unable to insert audio and video files into my
4 > LO-4.0 presentations since the time of upgrade, I just wanted to ask if
5 > somebody is more lucky with multimedia files in LO-4.0 on Gentoo.
6 >
7 > If somebody got this working, could you please share a recipe?
8 >
9 > Thanks!
10 > Vladimir
13 Someone here mentioned that installing openjdk-7-jre allowed him to embed
14 videos:
15
16 http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/854/what-video-formats-does-
17 libreoffice-impress/
18
19 This seems to be a buggy issue for various versions and platforms. I don't
20 have java to be able to insert anything in Impress-3.6.4.3, it just comes up
21 with "The format of the suggested file is not supported" when I tried an avi
22 file.
25 Regards,
26 Mick