From: Fredrik Axelsson <fraxbe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo-sources USE-flag problem
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:50:08
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > Fredrik Axelsson schreef:
3 >
4 >>I'm trying to emerge gentoo-sources with the -doc use flag set.
5 >>
6 >>emerge -pv gentoo-sources shows that gentoo-sources will be emerged
7 >>without the doc use flag.
8 >>
9 >>"-doc" is set both in my make.conf USE variable and in
10 >>/etc/portage/package.use
11 >>
12 >>After the emerge 'equery uses gentoo-sources' shows that gentoo-sources
13 >>does infact use the doc use flag anyway.
14 >>
15 >>'emerge -puD world' want's to install the docbook-sgml-packages
16 >>
17 >>Does anyone have a clue to why it behaves like this.
20 > I was just reading man equery, and according to that:
21 >
22 > uses <local-opts> pkgspec
23 > display USE flags for pkgspec. No local options are
24 > actually implemented yet.
25 >
26 > So it's not necessarily displaying the USE flags actually used to build
27 > the package on your system, but rather the USE flags specified for the
28 > package (some of which you have disabled).
29 >
30 > That then brings us to the question, if not gentoo-sources, then what
31 > exactly is pulling in docbook-sgml?
32 >
33 > Try
34 >
35 > emerge -puDtv world
36 >
37 > to find the answer to that.
38 >
39 > HTH,
40 > Holly
41
42 Thank you,
43
44 You are absolutely right, scrollkeeper was the guilty one=)
45
46 Regards,
47
48 Fredrik